If you are a customer of the State bank of India, you can transfer SBI account to another branch. You can transfer your SBI bank account either online or offline mode.
There are many times when you want to transfer your SBI bank account to another branch. Like you got to change your home address or living in a different city/state. In such cases, you need to transfer your SBI bank account to another branch.
- 1 How to Transfer SBI Account to Another Branch?
- 1.1 How can I transfer my SBI Account from one Branch to another?
- 1.2 How to Transfer SBI Account to Another Branch Online SBI net banking
- 1.3 How to Transfer SBI Account to Another Branch Offline Bank Visit
- 1.4 How to Transfer SBI Account to Another Branch in YONO SBI App
- 1.4.1 Frequently Asked Questions
- 1.4.2 How many days it will take to transfer SBI account to another branch?
- 1.4.3 Can I transfer my bank account from one branch to another?
- 1.4.4 Does account number change with branch transfer?
- 1.4.5 What happens when a bank account is transferred to another branch?
- 1.4.6 How can I check my SBI account transfer status?
- 1.4.7 How can I know my SBI branch details?
- 1.4.8 Conclusion
How to Transfer SBI Account to Another Branch?
To transfer your SBI account from one branch to another, you can do this either online or offline. If you want to transfer SBI account to another branch without going/visiting the branch then you must have SBI internet banking access.
How can I transfer my SBI Account from one Branch to another?
Following are the necessary things that you must have to transfer your SBI account to another branch of SBI.
- a valid Registered Mobile Number (for online mode)
- SBI internet banking access (for online mode)
- Branch code for which you want to transfer
We’ll be discussing the transfer of SBI account to another is only for SBI Retail internet banking users (Savings account) in this account.
How to Transfer SBI Account to Another Branch Online SBI net banking
This is the easiest method to transfer SBI account to another branch. To do this, you must have SBI Internet banking access.
Step by Step to transfer SBI account to another SBI branch
- Step 1: visit official SBI Online website.
- Step 2: Click the Login button in the Personal Banking section.
- Step 3: Enter your internet banking credentials.
- Step 4: Once the Login is successful, click on e-Services tab in the dashboard section.
- Step 5: Now, in the new page, click on the Transfer of savings account option.
- Step 6: Here, you need to select/choose the account number for which you want to transfer.
- Step 7: Now, you choose the Account No. and enter the last 5-digit branch code and then click on the Get Branch Name. Click here for branch locator.
- Step 8: Accept the terms and condition and click the Submit button.
- Step 9: An OTP will be sent to your RMN. Enter the high security OTP and click the Confirm button.
- Step 10: Congratulatuons! Your request for transferring the SBI account to another branch is now approved. You can wait for a few days until the transfer procees get complete.
Note: Meanwhile, you can check the history of this request. The status will let you know whether the transfer gets completed or not.
How to Transfer SBI Account to Another Branch Offline Bank Visit
If you don’t have access to SBI Internet banking, then this method is for you.
Before going to transfer from one branch to another, make sure that your account is active and you are fully aware of the details of your account data w.r.t registered mobile number, ID proof, Email ID, address proof, etc.
Secondly, you should collect all the relevant details of that particular branch where you want to transfer the account like IFSC code, branch code, address, etc.
- Visit your current SBI Branch and ask for a form for account transfer from a customer representative.
- Fill all the details gently and carefully. That form includes Branch Name and Bank Code of the new branch.
- After that, visit the New branch after 1 to 2 working days and submit the KYC form in that new branch. This includes a photo ID proof and an address proof.
- Once, you sumit the KYC in the new branch, the bank employees will process the form and approve it if everything is fine.
Note: Your Account number, Debit card, etc. will not be changed. However, the IFSC code will be changed.
How to Transfer SBI Account to Another Branch in YONO SBI App
Using YONO SBI App you can change your home branch of SBI within a minute. In order to do this, you must have a valid SBI internet banking account.
Follow this detailed guide on how to change or transfer an SBI account to another branch in SBI YONO.
Step by Step to change the home branch of an SBI account to another
- Login to this Application using Internet banking Username and Password or MPIN.
- On successful login, scroll down to this App and click on the Service Request in Quick links section.
- Now, you need to select and click the Account section as seen below.
- Select the account for which you want change or transfer the home branch and click the Next button.
- Now, you will see two option in your hand. You can choose your desired branch using Select by GPS and Select by Location.
- The Select by GPS will let you know the listings of SBI branches nearby you whereas the select by location will let you to enter Branch code manually.
- In this tutorial, I am going to use the Select Branch by CODE method.
- Next, the details of the branch will be seen as bellow image. Select the branch and click the Next button.
- Now, you can preview the more details of the Branch for which you want to change. You can verify or chreck all the information are correct or not.
- You can check the details of Current branch, Transfer to Branch & Branch Address. If everything is found correct according to you, click the Next button.
- Now, a confirmation OTP wil be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP and you are done. Moreover, you can trach the status of the request using SBI internet banking.
So, this how you can transfer your SBI account from one branch to another using YONO SBI Mobile App.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many days it will take to transfer SBI account to another branch?
Usually, it takes around 5-7 days. However, the respective branch might delay the process of transferring. Once it is transferred, you can check the changes in the SBI internet banking dashboard or by updating the bank passbook. Similarly, you can use the SBI YONO mobile application to check it.
Can I transfer my bank account from one branch to another?
Almost every nationalized bank in India follows Intra branch transfer. In State Bank of India, you can change or transfer your branch in 3 different ways. Firstly, you can use SBI personal net banking. Secondly, through the SBI YONO App and thirdly, by visiting the current home branch
Does account number change with branch transfer?
No. Account number, CIF number, Cheque book, debit cards, etc. are not changed with branch transfer. The bank code, address, etc. gets changed.
What happens when a bank account is transferred to another branch?
There is no major change that occurs when you change your branch of the bank. The details like the account numbers, credit cards, debit cards, CIF numbers, checkbook numbers do no get changed. You can operate smoothly even after the bank account is transferred to another branch of the same bank name.
How can I check my SBI account transfer status?
Once you have successfully completed the transfer process of the branch you can check the status right away. However, it takes few days to get completed the process. If you have the access to internet banking of SBI, you can check the status within few seconds. Login -> click e-Services -> Transfer Bank account -> Select account number.
How can I know my SBI branch details?
The front page of a bank passbook has SBI branch details. However, if you do not have a bank passbook with you then you can check this using SBI net banking. Again for more assistance, you may call to this number 1800 425 3800.
To transfer an SBI account to another branch you have three different ways. You can do this online or offline. I believe the online mode is quite easy and time-saving. If you have either access to SBI net banking or SBI YONO you can change the branch to another without any hassle.
If you want to transfer your SBI Account from one Branch to another in offline mode then you have to visit the home branch. The bank will provide you an application form to transfer branches from one to another. If you find this find this post helpful, do share this article with your friends.