If you are a customer of State Bank of India then you may want to change mobile number in SBI account through SBI net banking. It is very important to keep your mobile number updated with your bank account.
However, RBI made it mandatory to link your mobile number with your SBI or any other bank account. In this detailed guide, I will show how to change registered mobile number in SBI using ATM, Netbanking and Branch visit.
How To Change Mobile Number in SBI Account
There are 3 ways to Change Mobile Number in SBI Account.
- SBI Internet Banking
- SBI ATM
- SBI Branch
Trust me, updating the mobile number in SBI bank account is quite easy. You should have either a Net Banking account or an ATM card.
I will explain the methods one by one in steps. So that, you don’t face any problem while changing or updating mobile number.
How to Change Mobile Number in SBI Net Banking
If you have a working SBI net banking account, then follow these below steps. If not, then you can skip this method. Changing or Updating your mobile number with the help of net banking takes only 2 minutes.
Moreover, you can apply this method anytime and anywhere. You just need a stable internet connection.
Step 1: Visit the official SBI net banking page
Step 2: Now you can see a Personal Banking section. Click the “Login” button as shown in the following image.
Step 3: Click the “Continue” button
Step 4: Enter your Login credentials. i.e. Your Username and Password.
Step 5: Next, click on the “Profile” tab.
Step 6: Under the Profile tab, you can see many functions. But, you have to see only the “Personal Details/Mobile” section. Click on it and it will take you to the next page.
Step 7: Click on the “Change Mobile Numer-Domestic Only” link as shown in the picture. Click the “Submit” button.
Step 8: Now, you have to Enter your “New Mobile Number”. Re-enter your new mobile again. Now, click the ‘Submit’ button.
Step 9: After clicking the Submit button, one OTP (One Time Password) will come to your existing mobile number through SMS. Enter the OTP and you are done.
This method is very efficient when it comes to Change Mobile Number in SBI Account.
Let’s discuss another method of Change Mobile Number in SBI Account.
How to Change Mobile Number in SBI Account using ATM
This is one of the most popular ways to Change Mobile Number in SBI Account Online. For this, you must have an active SBI debit card linked/associated with your bank account. Moreover, you must have a new mobile number as well as the old mobile number with you to change it.
Following are the steps to change mobile number in SBI account using ATM.
- Visit your nearest working ATM machine
- Select the Registration option from the available options (on-screen)
- Enter your debit card ATM pin
- Select “Mobile Number Registration” option
- Select “Change Mobile Number” option
- You will be asked to enter your “Old mobile number” and to confirm it
- Now, enter the new mobile number and confirm it
- Different OTPs will be sent to both the new and old mobile numbers with the following message:
- Please send OTP and reference number received in SMS from new mobile number as well as an existing (old) mobile number in the following format ACTIVATE <8 digit OTP value> <13 digit reference number> to 567676 within 4 hours. For example, e.g. ACTIVATE 63850912 UM05637924631
- Your new mobile number will be updated very soon.
How to Change Mobile Number in SBI Branch
If you don’t have access to both SBI net banking and ATM card then this is the last option for you. You have to request to Change Mobile Number in SBI Account throuh a format available in the bank.
Following are the steps to change mobile number in SBI Branch
- Visit your nearest SBI Branch.
- Fill and submit the Mobile Number Change request form
- After verification by Bank Personnel, the new mobile number will be linked.
- If the verification is successful, you will be notified with an SMS to your new mobile number.
To Change Mobile Number in SBI Account, you get two easy processes. One is SBI net banking and another is through ATM. If you lost/damage your mobile number must get a new number and update with the SBI bank account.
Please comment below about which method you liked the most and are going to use it. If you face any problem while updating the mobile number in the SBI bank account comment below. I will help you.